Christ Caring for People Through People
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministers care for people facing tough times. Are you facing a crisis or difficulty such as these?
• Loss of a loved one
• Terminal illness
• Spiritual crisis
Please contact Ann Hatcher 433-2251 for more information.
A Stephen Minister is…
• A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
• A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
• A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
• Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver; meeting faithfully for about an hour each week